Fire guts Samsung Digital Centre in Ikeja

The scene of the fire
The scene of the fire
There was panic in Lagos yesterday when a fire broke out at Samsung electronics digital office located at Allen Avenue Ikeja, Lagos State. As a result of the fire, staff members of the company and customers scampered for their lives, while some goods were also salvaged from the building.
Some Samsung employees and other members of the public helped the fire fighters battle the flames. They also helped salvage the highly priced goods inside the structure. Many of the goods were moved out and left at the entrance to the building.
Deputy Head, Lagos State Fire Service, Rasaq Musibau, said they got wind of the fire around 2.00p.m. and was able to put it out after about two hours.
One of the members of staff said no one knew the cause of the fire, only that there was a spark and fire started from the back of the building.
General Manager, Sales and Marketing, SIMs Nigeria Limited, Fab Uzor, said: “As we speak, it is too early to say what was the cause of the fire. There was a spark, which triggered the fire. We thank God no one was trapped inside the building.”
The estimate of the goods lost to the fire ia about a billion naira. Some items being sold were in the region of N8million each.
Although the cause of the fire remained sketchy, an eyewitness said the inferno started before noon from the customer service wing of the building. The Guardian learnt that men of the Lagos State Fire Service came to the scene at about 1pm and battled to put off the fire.
Also, officials of the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA), who were at the scene of the incident said there was no casualty. The incident however caused heavy vehicular gridlock in the area.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW TO REGISTER FOR SAFETOKEN

Most Popular Password Cracking Tools