Random Posts

Tuesday, 28 July 2015

Photo: 3-month-old Baby Left BLIND after Family Friend Took Photo with Camera Flash On

Parents and intending parents in the house, please take note of this. this lil angel pictured above was left blind in one eye after a family friend forgot to turn off his camera flash while taking a close-up photograph.
Doctors said the three-month-old, who has not been named, has suffered irreparable damage from the flash of the camera, which was held about 10 inches away from the baby boy.
The parents noticed that there was something wrong with their baby’s vision soon after the
photograph was taken, reported the People’s Daily Online.

Following the incident, the baby suffered from reduced vision in his left eye and blindness in his right eye. The damage is said to be permanent and cannot be fixed with surgery, DailyMailUK adds.
The strong flash has damaged cells on the macula, which is the part of the eye where incoming light rays are focused.
Damage to the macula can lead to the loss of central vision, which allows people to see straight ahead.
The macula is not fully developed until children are four, meaning youngsters are very sensitive to strong light.Experts have said that while babies will shut their eyes when exposed to light on reflex, just milliseconds of strong light can cause permanent damage.
They added that parents should be careful of strong bathroom lights when their babies are taking a bath.
It is not clear whether the family friend will face any legal action following the incident.
What would you do if you were this baby’s mum or dad?


Post a Comment

Good day precious one, We love you more than anything.